Redesigned terrarium includes a front roof hinged panel that opens and has a prop rod. Perfect size for the office desk or a apartment. Makes a fantastic gift. Don’t forget to order the H Potter terrarium planting kit small. Makes this gardening gift complete. NEED A TERRARIUM PLANTING KIT? Just type in H Potter Planting Kit Small in the search box above to easily add our terrarium planting kit. Planting your terrarium Start with a layer of pebbles and mix in a handful of charcoal chips, spread this mixture evenly on the bottom of your tray. Next add a layer sphagnum moss followed by a layer of soil to nearly fill your tray. Make small holes where you wish to insert your plants. If your plant has a root ball larger than the depth of your tray gently tease out the roots horizontally. Once you insert your plants into the little holes, bury the roots and tamp the soil to help remove air pockets. Water very lightly as your terrarium will be recycling its own water and you don’t want waterlogged soil. If you are using moss: Moss Transplanting Techniques #1 To bring your moss back to life, soak each section of moss by hand in a bowl or even on a place on a rimmed cookie sheet and cover with water until saturated. #2 After about a minute the moss will become more pliable and easy to work with, (leaving it to absorb more water for a longer time period is fine). #3 Arrange you plants in the soil as desired #4 Place each moss section on the terrarium soil around your plants and firmly press or tamp the moss into the soil with your hand to ensure there are no air pockets underneath. Place the glass top on your terrarium, sit back and relax. What you place inside your terrarium is entirely a matter of personal taste. Do you prefer a green oasis? Do you enjoy the mystic of a fairy garden? Or perhaps exotic orchids are your fancy? The choices are endless. Your imagination is the only limit.
- H Potter Plant Terrarium makes a great gift. Great size for small places. Entire glass terrarium container top lifts off and includes brass filagree trim and brass finials. Perfect indoor planter for the office desk or an apartment.
- Terrarium Glass is 3 mm thick and has lead-free solder to protect you and the environment. Front center roof panel is hinged to open for ventilation.
- Base is metal with a dark gray powder coat finish, ball feet, and plastic liner. PROPS NOT INCLUDED. Props can be purchased separately.
- Enclosed to use as a terrarium container once it is sitting on soil (soil not provided). NEED A TERRARIUM PLANTING KIT? Simply type in H Potter Planting Kit Small in the Amazon search box above to easily add our terrarium planting kit. You will be ready to go and just need the plants.
- If ordering H Potter’s terrarium kit please choose a Small size. Find terrarium planting instructions below under the product description. Approximately: 9.5″L x 5.5″W x 10.5″H. Designed and Manufactured by H Potter.
Click here for more information about 'H Potter Plant Terrarium Container Wardian Case Indoor Planter'.