Hydroponics offers many advantages to traditional soil-based horticulture. These include greater control over many of the limiting factors, such as light, temperature, and pests, as well as the ability to grow plants in all seasons. With instruction from one of the top recognized authorities worldwide, Hydroponics for the Home Grower gives you step-by-step guidance on how to grow tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, lettuce, arugula, bok choy, and various herbs year-round within your home or in a backyard greenhouse.
With Dr. Howard Resh's help, you'll learn:
- Background information on how hydroponics evolved
- The nutritional and environmental demands of plants and how to control these factors
- How to provide formulations of nutrients optimal to the plants you wish to grow
- The many different hydroponic systems you can purchase or build for yourself
- Designs for different types of greenhouses with components to fit your personal taste and budget
- Crop selection and step-by-step procedures, including seeding, transplanting, training, pest and disease control, and harvesting--along with when to plant and when to change crops
- How you can grow microgreens on your kitchen counter
The book includes an appendix with sources of seeds and other supplies, along with helpful websites and lists of books, articles, and conferences on growing hydroponically and caring for your crops. By following the guidelines in this book, you'll understand everything you need to know to get your home-growing operation up and running in no time.
Permalink to ‘Hydroponics for the Home Grower’
Click here for more information about 'Hydroponics for the Home Grower'.