The Delta Education 080-1790 Hydroponics Kit is an educational kit for grades 3-6 to investigate growing plants without soil, and includes hydroponic nutrient powder, a thermometer, pebbles, straws, twist ties, plant pots, hydroponic floats, plastic scoop, pea seeds, universal pH paper, a storage container, and an activity guide. Clear plastic tumblers serve as plant pots. Hydroponic foam floats plants in the pots while roots grow in the water, and straws and twist ties hold plants vertically in the pots. Universal pH paper has a 2.0-10.0 pH range. An 8-page softcover activity guide provides suggestions for exploring and measuring variables that affect the success or failure of plant growth, such as water and nutrients. The kit comes in a rectangular plastic bin with a hinged snap-tight lid.
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
School Specialty provides instructional materials and supplies under dozens of brands, among them Think Math, Delta Education, Frey Scientific, Childcraft, and School Smart. The company, founded in 1959, is headquartered in Greenville, WI.
What's in the Box?
- Hydroponic Nutrient Powder (2, 19g packets)
- Dual Scale plastic thermometer (2)
- Smooth pebbles (1lb.)
- Straws (12)
- Twist ties (32)
- 9oz. plastic tumbler (4)
- Sheet of four foam hydroponic floats
- Plastic scoop
- Pea seeds (1 packet)
- Universal pH paper (100)
- Activity guide
- Educational kit for grades 3-6 to investigate growing plants without soil
- Includes hydroponic nutrient powder, thermometer, pebbles, straws, twist ties, plant pots, hydroponic floats, plastic scoop, pea seeds, universal pH paper, and a storage container
- Activity guide provides suggestions for exploring and measuring variables that affect the success or failure of plant growth, such as water and nutrients
Permalink to ‘Delta Education 080-1790 Hydroponics Kit’
Click here for more information about 'Delta Education 080-1790 Hydroponics Kit'.