It's time for home gardeners to rethink the traditional garden and explore the wide variety of options for growing edibles in “anywhere” gardens--from decorative pots and raised beds to unusual growing bags, hanging pouches, and tomato rings. These contained gardens are more manageable than long rows or plots and require much less work--yet yield just as much bounty.Featuring dozens of preplanned planting recipes, based on space or container sizes, Edible Spots and Pots
allows readers to mix and match vegetables, herbs, small fruits, and edible flowers to create a
plant-style patchwork based on the “thriller” (dramatic, focal-point plants), “filler” (midheight, bushy plants),
and “spiller” (vines and twining plants) formula for creating interesting and botanically sound gardens.
Plot-free gardening offers practical solutions for any circumstance a gardener may encounter (challenging
spaces, soils, or weather), while also taking into account budget, time, and aesthetic goals.
Author Stacey Hirvela shares many other interesting concepts, like One-Minute Veggies (foods that go from patio to plate in less than a minute) Doubly Delicious Crops that give two flavors from one plant, and space/yield ratios (vegetables worth their footprint). Gardeners will also find an enticing array of 60 edibles that grow well in a defined space for productivity and beauty.
Click Here For More Information
Permalink to ‘Edible Spots and Pots: Small-Space Gardens for Growing Vegetables and Herbs in Containers, Raised Beds, and More’
- Small-Space Vegetable Gardens: Growing Great Edibles in Containers, Raised Beds, and Small Plots
- Raised Bed Gardening: 5 Books bundle on Growing Vegetables In Raised Beds & Containers
- LARGE Vertical Gardening Stackable Planters by Mr. Stacky – Grow More Using Limited Space And Minimum Effort – Plant. Stack. Enjoy. – Build Your Own Backyard Vertical Garden – DIY Stacking Container System – For Growing Strawberry, Tomato, Pepper, Cucumber, Herbs, Lettuce, Greens, & Much More – Indoor or Outdoor – Stackable Pots (5)
- The Complete Guide to Growing Vegetables, Flowers, Fruits, and Herbs from Containers
- Transplant Formula – For Use With Plants and Seeds Including; Vegetables, Herbs, Fruit Trees, Shrubs, and Perennials – Great For Container and Raised Bed Gardens – Fine Powder Supplies Trace Minerals, Soil Microbes, and Biostimulant Carbons
- McGee & Stuckey's Bountiful Container: Create Container Gardens of Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, and Edible Flowers
Click here for more information about 'Edible Spots and Pots: Small-Space Gardens for Growing Vegetables and Herbs in Containers, Raised Beds, and More'.